The decision of the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research
On the Establishment of the Libyan Center for Tamazight Studies
Minister of Education and Scientific Research : –
Having reviewed the Constitutional Declaration of the National Transitional Council issued on 03/08/2011.
The State’s financial law, its budget, accounts and warehouses regulation and their amendments ;
Law No. (18/2010) on education .
The decision of the National General Conference No. (10/2012). regarding the granting of confidence to the Interim Government .
And the Council of Ministers Resolution No. (165/ 2012) concerning the reorganization of the National Authority for Scientific Research .
And the Council of Ministers Resolution No. (96/2012) approving the organizational structure and competencies of the Ministry of Education and Scientific Research and organizing its administrative apparatus .
And the Council of Ministers Resolution No. (281/ 2013 regarding the reorganization of the National Authority for Scientific Research .
The decision of the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research No. (576/2012) on the formation of the organizational structure of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research .
Based on what has been presented by the Deputy to the General Director of the Libyan Authority for Research, Science and Technology No. (371-3)issued on (27/08/2013).
The memorandum of the Advisor to the Director of the Deputy Prime Minister for Development Affairs Office No. (1352) dated (19/2/2014 ).
Under this decision, a research center named the ( Libyan Center for Amazigh Studies ) is hereby established, enjoying a legal character and independent financial disclosure , affiliated to the Libyan Authority for Research, Science and Technology .
The headquarters of the Center shall be in Tripoli and branches or offices in other cities may be opened by a decision of the Director General of the Libyan Authority for Research, Science and Technology .
In particular, the Center shall :
- Prepare researches and studies in the Amazigh language along with the related linguistic and grammatical studies and related lexical and dictionary studies, including the field of electronic linguistics and the virtual world .
- Propose the comprehensive policy in the field of the Center’s work, setting the plans and their executive programs, following their approval by the National authority for Scientific Research .
- Prepare plans, programs and projects for the work of the Center and supervise their implementation after being approved by the Libyan authority for Research, Science and Technology .
- Conducting studies, authoring and publishing in its field in various written forms ( books, articles, letters, theses or digital publications ) or audiovisual, etc. to convey knowledge and information to the community and to benefit from them.
- Organize workshops, seminars and scientific conferences .
- Apply the necessary conditions, criteria and standards to carry out the activity of the Center and follow-up, in coordination with the relevant authorities .
- Contribute to the development and improvement of relations with international and regional organizations in the field of work of the Center, and propose to conclude agreements with the approval of the Libyan Authority for Research, Science and Technology and implementation with the relevant authorities within the legislation in force in particular .
- Cooperate with scientific research institutions and exchange information and experts with local and international counterparts .
The organizational structure of the center consists of a number of administrative divisions to be adopted by a decision to be issued by the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research ,based on an proposal from the Director General of the Libyan Authority for Research, Science and Technology .
The Center shall have a Director who shall exercise its functions in accordance with the legislation in force and shall be nominated by a decision issued by the Director General of the Libyan Authority for Research, Science and Technology upon the proposal of the Director General of the Research Centers .
The Director of the Center shall be assigned with the following:
- Supervising the work of the Center .
- Signing contracts and decisions taken by the Center and taking the necessary measures to implement them .
- Representing the Center in its contacts with others and before the courts .
- Prepare the budget, the final account, and the budgets for presentation to the management of the Libyan Authority for Research, Science and Technology .
- Prepare regulations and systems of the Center for presenting them to administration of the Libyan Authority for Research, Science and Technology .
- The formation of scientific research committees and task forces and to designate those involved.
- Prepare periodic and non-periodic reports on the work of the Center and the work required of it for presenting the same to the administration of the Libyan Authority for Research, Science and Technology and the competent authorities .
- Exercise competencies related to personnel and collaborators with the Center .
- Other matters under the legislation in force .
The Center shall have an independent budget prepared in accordance with the applicable accounting systems. The fiscal year shall commence with the fiscal year of the State and shall end with its end. The budget shall be prepared at least three months before the beginning of the fiscal year .
The financial resources of the Center shall consist of the following :
- Allocations included in the general budget of the State .
- Donations, contributions and wills approved by the Board of Directors and not contrary to applicable laws and regulations .
- Returns of the services provided in accordance with the legislation in force .
The Center shall have one or more bank accounts in a Libyan bank, in which its funds shall be deposited. Its revenues shall be transferred to the public treasury in accordance with the legislation in force .
This decision shall come into force from the date of its issuance and the competent authorities shall abide by it and implement it .
Mohamed Hassan Abobaker
Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research
Issued in Tripoli on 27/03/2014